*One of the lucky winners of the JABONG FANTASTIC BLOGGERS HUNT*

Sunday, 7 December 2014

My Experience With Hair Rebonding: DAY 1

Okay! After months of deliberating, I finally took the plunge and decided to get my hair rebonded. People around me had many good and bad experiences to share. I decided I wanted my personal experience. I was very bored with my typical layered hair style.

I read up several articles a night before. They prepared me for the procedure. What I was not prepared for was the number of hours I would have to spend sitting in a chair and straining my neck! I arrived at the salon at 10.30 am and left at 4.30 pm. PHEW!! PHEW AGAIN!!


Here is what the hair stylist did:

1. My hair was shampooed twice (I had applied henna a week ago. The stylist really frowned at the mention of henna, but then I had not known I would be doing this a week ago).

2. A hair relaxant was applied to small sections of the hair. I had to wait for two hours! And oh! the smell and fumes of the relaxant gave me a headache :(

3. The hair was rinsed and blow dried.

4. My hair was straightened using a flat iron.

5. A keratin lotion was applied and kept for 15 minutes.

6. The hair was rinsed and blow dried.

7. A hair serum was applied and my hair was thoroughly brushed.



The stylist told me to do the following:

1. Not wash my hair for the next three days. I cant tie or bend my hair in any manner.

2. Use a professional shampoo and conditioner meant for chemically treated hair.

3. Get a hair spa after three weeks.


The stylist used products from Matrix. It's been a few hours and I am loving my soft, silky, shiny hair! I will keep you posted!!



Love!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your hair is looking really nice! Keep us updated :)

    ReplyDelete