*One of the lucky winners of the JABONG FANTASTIC BLOGGERS HUNT*

Wednesday, 11 June 2014

REVIEW: Maybelline Colorsensational Bold Matte Lipstick MAT 4

Hmm!! Red lipstick!! Red Lipstick!! Really? You want to wear RED lipstick???

It took a lot of courage to say " I am going to go bold this summer!!"

So, I went to this store that stocks a million things glittering under the artificial lighting. I was asked one question "What kind of a red would you want?" I had little idea. I knew I didn't want a maroonish tint, but I also didn't want a RED red. So, I went for the Maybelline Colorsensational Bold Matte Lipstick in MAT 4. It is a nice non-overwhelming red.


 THE PACKAGING

The lipstick comes in a red plastic pack that is translucent. The name of the shade is at the bottom. The product is itself encased in a metal tube.














THE PRODUCT

The lipstick has a creamy texture and is highly pigmented. One or two swatches does the trick. You do need to press your lips against a tissue to remove the excess product.


THE PRICE

For 3.9 gms, the product is reasonably priced at Rs 375.




PROS

  • Perfect for the red-lipstick novice
  • Nice orangish-red
  • Good staying power
  • Glides smoothly
  • Does not burn a hole in your pocket!
  • Easily available at online retainers such as JabongFlipkart and Nykaa.



CONS

  • As it is highly pigmented, I found that it does take quite an amount of makeup remover to wipe it off your lips. 
  • If applied in multiple layers, it tends to bleed.



THE VERDICT

I give a 4 out of 5!! Go for it!







No comments:

Post a Comment