*One of the lucky winners of the JABONG FANTASTIC BLOGGERS HUNT*

Wednesday, 4 June 2014

DIY: How to Apply Light Lipstick Shades on Dark/Pigmented Lips

Hello people!!

A few months ago I was really wanting to try out some pinks and peaches on my lips. I had never been confident of using lighter shades of lipstick. So, I usually stuck with the darker shades and nudes.  I finally plucked up the courage to open the brand new lipsticks that I had bought some tome ago but never wore.

I realized that people with dark lips do have a disadvantage, but it is not something that you cannot overcome. And you don't need to hide behind darker hues. There is a trick I learnt and I want to share it with you!!!

If you don't have light lips, create them!! Neutralizing the shade of your skin is the trick.  Here is what you need:


  • Concealer or foundation
  • Compress powder
  • Lipstick


Quick tip - Don't use a lipstick brush to apply any of the products. Working with your fingers is the best option in this case as your body heat keeps the product consistency just right to help it spread better.

Lets begin..!!


Moisturize your lip a minute before you apply anything.





Take a teeny tiny drop of concealer or foundation on the tip of your finger. Stretch your lips and apply the product. Make sure that you cover the corners.





Take some compressed powder and again stretch your lips to apply a thin and even layer with your finger or a sponge.



Your lips are a neutral shade now! The concealer and powder will help the lipstick stay on for hours. I use concealer under all lipsticks that do not have a long staying power. Works wonders!! So, you can buy lipsticks cheap and make them last longer..!!!

Now, you can take your favourite lipstick and apply it with your finger tip. I tried out a pink!






  You can apply a second layer of compressed powder and top it of with a final layer of lipstick.






Hope this has been useful!!

Till my next post!!


Cheerios!!













No comments:

Post a Comment